How professional planners charge
John T McCarthy, LLC
What you can expect from the process
Here is what you can expect as you begin your professional relationship
with John T. McCarthy, LLC.
• We meet with you and your spouse to review your personal financial
goals. For most, these goals will include planning adequate income for the
present and capital accumulation for the future.
• We gather all of your financial information and documents through the
New Client Questionnaire. This volume of data is then organized, analyzed
• We formulate a Personal Financial Plan designed to reach your stated
• We meet to review your plan to ensure that it appropriately reflects
your personality, lifestyle, and goals. At this meeting, we also spell out
planning costs and clarify the timeline.
• At your discretion, your Fee-Only planner will provide guidance or
direct assistance in implementing your plan.
• Your plan is monitored with regularly scheduled meetings and is
updated to reflect the changes in your life and in the financial marketplace.
John T McCarthy, LLC is a federally registered investment advisor for the United States. The Adviser may not transact business in states where it is not appropriately registered or exempt from registration. Individualized responses to persons that involve either the effecting of transaction in securities or rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation will not be made without registration or exemption.
By subscribing to NAPFA’s standards, Fee-Only Financial Planners may
charge for their services in any of five ways:
• Flat fee or retainer
• An hourly fee
• A percentage of assets
• A project fee
• A percentage of income
At John T. McCarthy LLC, fees are based on the amount of work
involved in your individual case. Planning fees are always presented in
writing and are subject to your approval before work begins.